
When Nimke said he was coming, Dave and I decided to meet up with him. Despite the fact that every trip I take on the metro or into D.C. worries my mother, and even more so now that I am toting her baby grandson, we decided to brave it. We were glad we did because we had a very nice time with no complications.
on the D.C. mall. Here is Caleb with his daddy and Dave Nimke
standing on the mall with the capital building behind them.
We visited two museums: the U.S. Botanic Garden and the Smithsonian Museum of American History. While I've been to the American History museum several times (it is my favorite), this was the first time I'd been to the Botanic Garden. Since I've had the opportunity to plant my own flower beds after Dave purchased our current home in MD, I really notice plants a lot more and am interested in all the different types. I think I appreciated the museum and was much more interested than I would have been four years ago.
the jungle room of the Botanic Garden museum.
The best part of the trip though was just getting to spend time catching up with each other.
Caleb was such a good boy and seemed to enjoy his first trip to D.C. It was a great time to visit while he is too small to run off. He just sat in his stroller and played with his toys most of the day. It was also a lot of fun for him to make happy, high-pitched squealing noises in the American History museum...Well, it was more fun for Caleb than his parents who were trying to get him to make quieter noises. Hopefully, we will go back after he is a bit older and can actually learn a little bit from the experience.
Caleb was such a good boy and seemed to enjoy his first trip to D.C. It was a great time to visit while he is too small to run off. He just sat in his stroller and played with his toys most of the day. It was also a lot of fun for him to make happy, high-pitched squealing noises in the American History museum...Well, it was more fun for Caleb than his parents who were trying to get him to make quieter noises. Hopefully, we will go back after he is a bit older and can actually learn a little bit from the experience.
In a few years we look forward to visiting Washington, D.C. with you and Caleb sometime.
ReplyDelete