Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things we do for fun

Although the holidays just passed and Caleb has a ton of toys to play with now, he is most entertained by random things around the house or classic baby games. Playing peek-a-boo, looking at himself in the mirror, riding around on someone's shoulders, and wrestling Daddy are just a few of the things that make Caleb squeal with delight.

Several months ago, my mom started giving Caleb horsey rides and he loves it. He sits on her foot as she kicks her leg and off he goes bouncing everywhere. Who needs toys when your grandma can turn her knee into a bucking bronco?




I tried the same trick and he liked his mama's horsey ride too!



From the window sills to the cabinet drawers to the spindles on the banisters, Caleb can find things around the house to entertain himself. He has been particularly enraptured with the large chandelier in the dining room and our ceiling fans. Tonight, while taking a ride on Dave's shoulders, he was thrilled when he noticed the small chandelier in the nook.


Lately, we've found another means of entertainment that usually keeps Caleb's interest even when he's bored and restless with everything else - his little red wagon! Our house is set up in a way that we can pull him in a circle from the dining room to the living room, through the hall, nook, and kitchen, and back to the dining room. Sometimes when I am wore out at the end of the day, we take several laps around the house in the wagon, looking out the windows and hoping to see a glimpse of Daddy pulling in the driveway. Unfortunately, Mommy isn't always the best driver so the wall has suffered a few nicks; I guess it's a small price to pay for a happy nine month old. A day or so ago while Dave was holding him in the kitchen, Caleb was even grunting and leaning towards the dining room like he remembered the wagon was in there!



Each day it's fun to see what Caleb will fall in love with next and watch his face light up with excitement.

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to post pictures soon of Caleb pulling up to the furniture? Is he starting to "walk" holding onto things yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I begin working on the post last night but I don't have all videos and pics for it yet. He is starting to "cruise" a little around the furniture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lindsay! I saw your comment on my blog and thought I'd say hi, too. Your little guy is adorable, by the way! Tell Dave we said hello!

    ReplyDelete