Since we've moved into our new house, there is always a long "to do" list of things to accomplish around here. With an eleven month old around, even the best laid plans turn into changing diapers, rocking him back to sleep, running around making sure nothing inedible is being eaten, and cleaning up trails of toys and crumbs. Today we decided that in order for Dave to get more done, Caleb and I would go visit with my granny.
When we arrived, his big cousin Bailey was there. Caleb was a little shy at first but then he warmed up and these two buddies played for awhile rolling a ball back and forth.

Since it was such a nice day out, I had packed a pair of Bailey's hand-me down shoes for Caleb in case we decided to play outside. When I walked in with the shoes, Bailey couldn't believe that his feet used to fit in these baby Nikes.

Unfortunately, Bailey had to leave shortly after we arrived, but we still got to spend several hours visiting with Granny. After playing with toys and eating lunch, Caleb went down for a nap and woke up to find Aunt Courtney had come to visit too! We played a little longer inside and then agreed it would be best to venture outside for some fun since the weather was so mild.
Caleb liked playing with the dried grass.
"Aunt Courtney, will you give me a push?"
Granny didn't have a baby swing, but Caleb did a great job
of holding on and even leaned back like he knew just
how you were supposed to do it. I was impressed.
"Higher, Aunt Courtney. Higher!"
We even took him up to our old clubhouse so he could
explore. It was amazing how everything was falling apart
since it doesn't seem like that long ago when we all were playing it.
I found this old wheelbarrow and couldn't resist. When the wind started to blow harder, we headed back for the house. Shortly after, we packed our things and went home to see all the things Daddy accomplished without us underfoot.
I'm impressed with the way he held on.
ReplyDelete