Boy or girl? That's been the question for the past few months as
we've waited for that half way point ultrasound to tell us how our
family would be changing.
I was just as excited to
find out this time around as I was with the other two. I wanted to think
about how life would be with my new baby and knowing the gender makes
the daydreaming so much more real. This, of course, made the days
leading up to the ultrasound full of excitement and anxiousness.
Thursday the 6th, the day arrived! Back and forth, back and forth....I imagined the possible outcomes...
Finally,
we were sitting in the doctor's waiting room, antsy for the tech to
answer our big question! She took us back after a short wait and started with all the necessities, making
sure the uterus looked good and moving from head to feet taking
measurements. (If you want to know the truth, I think they go through
this seemingly long routine just to make our anticipation even more
intense!) Here is what we saw:
I
can't put the tell-tale shot on here, of course! If this little one
reads the blog down the road, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated
that Momma was a little more discrete than that. But, I'll let you in on
the secret any way!
Are you ready? Let's play a game first!
Who will win the sibling tug-of-war?
Will Hadley get a little sister to dress alike with and share secrets?
Or, will Caleb finally get a boy baby to wrestle and help him gang up on his
sister? On your mark, get set, PULL!
 |
| Sister! |
 |
| Brother! |
 |
| You two aren't ganging up on me! |
 |
| I need a brother! |
 |
| Girls Rule! |
 |
| Enough ruffles and hairbows! |
 |
| No more rough housers! |
 |
| I got this! |
And the winner is...
 |
| Consoling his sister |
 |
| Just kidding! We are all happy about it! |
 |
| At least I'll have another person to play in the dirt with. |
Mommy with her boys!
At
first when Caleb found out a new baby was on the way, he told us he wanted
another sister. Over the months though, that preference changed after he had some time to think about it. While the tug-of-war
was a staged performance, Caleb really was wanting a brother and very
happy when the sonogram confirmed he'd get his wish.
Dave was giving me a hard time about my photo shoot. Later he
acted shocked when I told him he didn't have to be in the photos as a
result of his teasing! But, in the end he took a couple to humor me anyway.
So happy that we now know and my daydreams about the days, months, and years ahead can grow as HE does!
 |
| One day shy of 20 weeks - the half way mark! |

Ok,
and try to not laugh too hard...The morning before the sonogram, I went
in Gymboree looking for a big sister tee for Hadley to wear. While that
mission ended in vain, it was not a loss. The store was having its big
red balloon sale with a ton of clothes marked down for $3.99 or $6.99. I
rummaged through the bins searching for the right sizes for Caleb and
Hadley but kept coming across baby boy clothes that would be the perfect
size for my new little one next winter. I found a few girl items too
but not nearly as many. Since I didn't know the gender yet, I explained
with humor to the lady at the checkout that I had to wait until tomorrow
to purchase the clothes since I had my ultrasound that afternoon and
asked her to hold them, knowing my mom would be back in Winchester the
following day and could pick them up for me. These are the times where I
think God both has a sense of humor to lead me to all those perfect
size clothes (possibly as a hint) and loves me and wants to do things to
make me smiles since He knows how much I love buying adorable baby
clothes! A few minutes before walking in to the store I said to myself, I
really feel like this baby might be a girl; after shopping a little, I
flip flopped - "I think this might be a boy!" Let the shopping continue....

This is a cute post. :) And, I love those bargain clothes! I also love Hadley in those jeans. Too cute.
ReplyDelete