Sunday, November 10, 2013

Newborn Photo shoot

Days after Reid's arrival, we took the whole family for a special newborn photo shoot in Stanley, VA. Since you get something unique each time you try a new photographer, I thought it would be good to look for someone different than I've had do any of our other photos in the past. At first, I was wanting to use a lady from Luray whose work I've admired for a while, but she was on maternity leave and recommended a photographer named Kaitlyn Southers Mayes instead. After looking at some of Kaityln's photos on her Facebook page and seeing what beautiful work she does, I decided that Simply Southern Photography was definitely a good choice for us. 

It was a little bit of a hike to go all the way to her studio, but since we've done in home photos with our other two kids, I thought it would be good to try a new setting. That said, the five of us loaded up for our first outing together. We made it there a little late, but we made it! (I consider that an accomplishment in and of itself.) 

After getting everyone changed, taking Caleb to the bathroom, and nursing Reid, we finally let the photographer get started with her job. Not only was Kaitlyn flexible with us trying to organize ourselves and getting off to a late start, but she also did a good job being patient with grumpy and wiggly little ones who weren't the easiest to photograph. I really wanted at least one good family photo plus one shot of the three siblings together in addition to the pics she'd be taking of Reid by himself. Thankfully, while it took some doing, this girl and her mom (who assisted her) got the job done!


Daddy lovin' on his baby boy!


I could snuggle him all day...


Our precious little one :)


The adorable props and hats she used just emphasized his cuteness. Love these!


And, how fitting for an October baby! I definitely pick this little pumpkin!


I hope you enjoyed these shots! I know we certainly did.

2 comments: