I went to Stanley Flower Shoppe last week to pick up some things my cousin Angie (the owner) ordered for me. While we were visiting, Caleb lucked out and received a beautiful red balloon. To put it mildly, it was love at first sight. He giggled and then clutched the string for probably about an hour straight. Angie and the others at the shop were surprised that he held it so long without letting it float off; she even thought I may have tied it to him but I hadn't. At one point, I looked over and he was holding it just by the very very tip of the string. It's hard to explain on here just how sweet the scene was.
I forgot my camera but tried to take a few photos with my phone:


When we got home later that evening, we took some better pictures of Caleb showing Daddy his balloon. You can still see the excitement! He even tried to crawl around a little bit with it and managed not to let go.






Afterward, we had to hide the balloon in our bedroom so it wasn't distraction while Dave was trying to put Caleb to bed. The next morning, the little red balloon was laying on floor and had lost its glory.
This mama is thinking lots of red balloons for his birthday party in two months......
No comments:
Post a Comment