Friday, May 13, 2011

Your favorite post?

This past Wednesday marked one year since I started McKinstry Moments. Fifty posts later, I'm thrilled so many memories have been preserved already. While I may not have time to scrapbook everything I want right now, at least I can journal a bit online and put up a few pictures to help remember some of the details of life I might otherwise forget.

Not only do I enjoy blogging because I know the pictures and stories are being stored for our family to look back on down the road, I also like sharing with those of you who aren't near enough to enjoy the everyday special moments of Caleb's life as he's growing, learning, and experiencing so many firsts. From what many of you've told me, you enjoy reading and seeing pictures of Caleb as much as I enjoy posting. From glancing at the stats blogger.com provides, I know there's a wide variety of readers checking in on what we've done this past year. Since it started, McKinstry Moments has been viewed over 4,000 times. Not only is it followed by many of you living here in the states, but we've had readers from Canada, Moldova, the Philippines, Germany, the United Kingdom, Romania, Austria, and Japan. It makes you even more motivated to write when you know there's an audience who wants to read and view your photos. So, thank you for your encouragement, and hopefully you'll see many more posts soon.

To celebrate the previous fifty posts and to start this year's posting off right, write a comment to let me know what you've enjoyed the most about McKinstry Moments. What was your favorite post? picture? story? video? What would you like to see more of this year? What made you smile? Or, laugh out loud? A writer always loves to know her work is being read and appreciated so please don't be shy; let me know you're there. Click on the comment link below so I can preserve your favorite McKinstry Moments memory.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the posts about the events I wasn't there for like Caleb playing in the pumpkin patch. I also really like all the Christmas posts because it is hard to remember all the things we did during such a busy time. Also, I am always surprised to remember how my toddler was a chunky little baby just a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites is Caleb reading books.
    http://mckinstrymoments.blogspot.com/2011/01/we-love-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there were about 40 page views on this post and almost everyone was too chicken to comment! I'll give you another opportunity on the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One post I remember well is one that had lots of baby chub. Was it his cousins? Or maybe Caleb and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was his cousins, Daniel and Anabella. I was just thinking about all their baby chub a night or so ago. Caleb still has plenty.

    ReplyDelete