Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

For Father's Day six years ago, I gave my dad and granddaddy Red Sox vs. Orioles tickets. A few weeks later, Dave and I headed to Camden Yards with them and watched the game. It was probably one of the most selfish Father's Day gifts I've ever given because really I was the one receiving a treat, spending the day with the three men I loved like crazy. Even though it rained and the ballgame was called off before the ninth inning, I remember savoring the time spent alone with these incredible men in my life. If I could choose moments of my life to relive, this is one I'd probably pick.

As good as the quality time with them was at that game, my joy has increased beyond measure now that there are four guys to love and enjoy.This year instead of baseball tickets, these fellas got a card with a miniature blue handprint on the front and some scribbling inside.

Happy Father's Day to three of the best men and awesome fathers and grandfathers I know!

Peppaw, Dad, Caleb, and Dave at Meadowbrook
farm two weeks ago

Oh, and we can't forget Grandpa McKinstry! While he may live farther away, he gives plenty of love and quality time when we're visiting each other. Caleb enjoys their time together as do we. Happy Father's Day!

Grandpa McKinstry with Caleb right after Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment