He loves this old bouncy horse my parents bought me for my
first Christmas so he had to try that out immediately.
What did Dave and I do with our free time? We went to watch the Smurf movie at the Alamo. The Alamo is a theater in Winchester, VA that serves dinner while you watch your movie. We'd never been there before so we thought we'd see what all the talk was about, plus our original plan to go to the drive-in got rained out. We chose the Smurfs for nostalgic reasons (and because most everything else looked sketchy). However, as we sat there waiting for the movie to begin, Dave asked why we sent our kid to his grandparents' and then went to a movie full of kids - the irony!
Afterwards we stopped for the $1 hot fudge sundaes at McDonalds and headed home to play a couple games of Othello before crashing by 10 pm. We slept in until about 8 am the next morning without interruptions from a little boy.
Caleb did wonderfully at his grandparents. When I showed up the next day, I expected him be super excited to see me like he does when I leave him on occasion during the day. Instead, he looked at me calmly and said "boo." Then, he went on about his business in no hurry to get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment