Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Bunny

The day before Easter we took the kids to visit the Easter Bunny. One of the reasons I waited so late to get the photos was because I was hoping to get a picture including Hadley on her first Easter if she arrived in time. It worked out great! Another reason we waited is because, while I am generally nostalgic about getting those milestone photos with Santa or the Easter Bunny, I am not as thrilled about how much it costs to have it done at the mall. So, just like at Christmas time when we found a free Santa at Wells Fargo, we began searching for a bunny experience with a smaller price tag. Thankfully, I found out the oversized rabbit would be visiting the local Wendy's and we decided to try there.

Caleb has been into Easter eggs and hopping a lot lately so I expected he would be pretty excited during our visit. He did well overall but wasn't as excited as I hoped. He was a bit hesitant about the giant rodent and needed encouragement to sit on his lap and to give him a "high five." However, Caleb wasn't as dumbstruck as he was with Santa. More than anything, he was interested in the giant carrot prop sitting nearby. This made it a bit more difficult to get a picture as he kept holding it and moving it right in front of his face.


Caleb wasn't the only one to get a photo with the Easter Bunny. Hadley had her special moment too. I thought maybe Mommy would just hold Hadley and stand near the bunny for the picture but he was surprisingly eager to hold our week-old infant.



Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment