I've already done a couple Christmas related posts but was thinking that I needed to back up a little bit and get some Thanksgiving pictures on the blog.
The first part of our turkey-eating celebration started at Granny's on Thanksgiving Day. First, I dressed everyone up in the cute outfits NaNa had bought them and off we went!
 |
My little Carhartt boy! Looks like he's ready to go hunt down our turkey, doesn't he? |
 |
| Hadley, on the other hand, did not look ready to be running around the woods. Here she is styling in her leopard print shoes. |
 |
| And, Reid, oh my! He was just as handsome as could be in his flannel shirt... |
 |
| ...and adorable shoes. |
The eating commenced shortly after we arrived. The kids ran around playing while the adults visited, and everyone had a good time.
 |
| Yum! |
 |
| This was the first time many of my family members met Reid and several were wanting a chance to hold him. My cousin Allison hoarded him a good portion of the visit, getting lots of snuggling time. Eventually though, she did share and a few more people got a turn to get their hands on this boy. |
 |
| Hadley knows who's lap she wants to be in - Aunt Courtney's! |
 |
| Leslie gets a turn! :) |
 |
| My cousin Tawny and her boyfriend, David |
 |
| Cliff is always so good with the kids. He and Dave hung out in the toy room with the little ones. |
 |
| Caleb was excited to have some other "big boys" to play with. |
 |
| Poor Stacey has been anxious to meet Reid for weeks. Every time we planned together one of our kids got sick or something else came up. After waiting patiently while everyone else doted on him, she finally got her turn too! |
 |
| If you know my Granny, you know that she is always trying to give the grandkids ice cream. It just isn't a holiday unless they get a taste! |
My Aunt Brenda also hosted a Thanksgiving dinner that evening, but we were too tuckered out to try to hit two houses in one day. Three little ones wear these parents out!
However, the following day we had regained our strength and had more to be thankful for. My mom made another wonderful Thanksgiving supper at her house and invited my grandparents to join us.
 |
| The boys |
 |
| The girls (plus Caleb who initially said he wanted to eat with the ladies but deserted us to hang out with the men after a while) |
 |
| My friend Dawn bought Reid this adorable outfit! |
 |
| Gobble till you wobble... |
 |
| ...and then take a nap! |
 |
| Hadley always has to make sure she gets some time on this hoppy horse. |
 |
| She gets a little wild! |
 |
| After dinner came a little wrestling with Pop. |
 |
| Run, Cay-Cay! |
 |
| Then, came the desserts! Mom has been working on trying to make a caramel pie that tastes like the ones her Grandma Gladys used to make, and Granddaddy got to be the taste tester since he was the best judge. |
 |
| Ooooh...Christmas decorations |
 |
| Caleb loves Aunt Courtney's iPad. |
 |
| Reid loves snuggling his Grandma. |
 |
| Judging by those chubby cheeks, I think the saying on Reid's shirt has become his life motto. |
 |
| I love that he got to spend time with his great grandparents. |
 |
| Whatever Granny was telling him made him coo at her. |
 |
| One of my favorite moments was when I looked over and saw Dad gently playing with Hadley's hair. I enjoy watching him love on my babies so much. |
 |
| Sweetness :) |
While all this good food isn't helping me get off these last fifteen pounds of baby weight hanging around, I don't mind waiting a little bit longer to get back in my jeans if they keep feeding me like this! Bring on the next holiday!
Awww, may I "borrow" some of your pictures? All those weeks waiting to hold Reid-- I need a picture! I really like the ice cream ones, too. What's Thanksgiving at Granny's without a bit of ice cream?! I also love the ones of your Grandma NoraAnn and Granny with Reid at your Mom's house. So sweet. You can see the love in their eyes.
ReplyDeleteYou can definitely take any photos you want.
ReplyDelete