When Caleb was small I was braver. I had more time. I was able to give more one-on-one attention (i.e. two hands to one little boy). Plus, I could control the mess and had time to clean it up.
With my second child, things have been a bit different. After she was born, there were two people to keep up with (and now three). Things I tried before, I hesitated to jump into for lack of control. However, now that my daughter is getting older, I want to take a few more risks and make messy memories with Hadley too.
For that reason, this past Saturday, I decided it was time to teach her how to bake a cake.
Normally, her older brother is my kitchen helper, but I think it's high time that Hadley had a chance to try her hand at baking too. When the thought crossed my mind to take on this fun activity with her, Caleb was napping so I knew he wouldn't be trying to get in on the action and it would be a special time with just her.
| A little oil and a little water... |
| Hadley didn't want to stir the mixture. Instead she wanted to fling it on the floor and play. There were a few meltdowns as we battled for control. |
| She looks super cute with the spatula but the mixing wasn't getting done. I pulled out my mixer to blend the ingredients well, but Hadley was a bit timid when she heard what a loud noise it made. |
Here is the finish product. It's not the prettiest cake ever but we ate it up nonetheless and had our special bonding time which is the most important part.
YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment