Thursday, August 27, 2015

Time with my babies - Reid

The last update I gave about our "special days" with each of our kids was back in March. At that point, little Reid's quality time moments were all just stay-at-home playdates with Mommy or Daddy. Starting in April though, this biggety britches got to go on some of his own solo outings without his older siblings tagging along. One spring morning when Caleb was at preschool (and I think Hadley was with NaNa), my baby boy and I headed to the park.

What an improvement from last year. He didn't need much help from Mommy to try out everything!
When I have all three kids, keeping up with them as they run in different directions at the  park often makes me opt to just stay home. With only Reid though, it was a piece of cake.
My little climber had a perfect place to safely challenge his skills.
I tried to take a selfie of the two of us to document that Mommy was part of the adventure too....you can tell I am not very good at it....I guess I'll have to practice!

Another night, he got Daddy all to himself when Mommy took Hadley and Caleb to see a Peter Pan production at a local high school. He might have been too little to sit quietly through the play, but Reid didn't get the bad end of the deal since that evening he got all Dave's attention, not having to share any with his siblings.

Hadley was excited to meet Tinkerbell.

In May, Dave and I took the older two to the circus but again didn't think Reid would do well sitting through the whole show and being up late. Instead, we arranged for him to spend the night with NaNa - a treat in and of itself.

I think this was only the second time he'd stayed all night with my mom, and the previous time I'd stayed too, which made this his first overnight visit there without his mama. (The only other time he'd ever spent the night away from me is when Granny kept him once because Dave and I were both sick with the stomach flu and I landed myself in the hospital.) Since Reid still wakes up every night at least once to nurse, I hoped he'd do okay for my mom. But, despite the worries, we went for it with the promise that if she couldn't get him settled in the middle of the night to just call and we'd be over. He made it though! NaNa did have to get up with him some that night, but they both survived it and it was worth getting a little QT just the two of them. I want each of my kids to have those same special moments with their grandparents that I had with mine, so I was glad he got to have this experience.

Got his bag packed!


Making himself at home
Hey, what's that, NaNa?
My turn! (He loves to help clean.)

In July, Dave took Reid out on a couple playground trips too. Since our little fella sometimes takes his naps earlier than his siblings, he and Daddy could slip away to enjoy a bit of guy time in the afternoons while Caleb and Hadley were sleeping.


One July evening, Reid even got an outing with both parents. For some reason, I think both the older two kids were visiting my mom for a little while, so we made the most of the time with just our youngest to go out to dinner at Country Cookin and visit a pet store in Warrenton.


A few weeks prior I had taken the boys to visit Petco and knew how much Reid loved the animals. Dave got a kick out of seeing his reactions to the pets too. What excitement in his face as he pointed to everything!


Looking forward to even more special days with this sweet growing boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment