Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween Fun

For Caleb's first Halloween, he donned a costume his daddy wore as a little boy. When Dave was small, his Grandma Swan made this sailor suit:

If the picture above was taken on Halloween, I am guessing that Dave is about 21 months here since he is standing up on his own. Although Caleb is only seven months old (today actually!), his chunky body filled it up, making it a perfect fit! (There are professional photos taken in this costume on Facebook if anyone is interested.)

After church Sunday, we began our trick-or-treating so that we'd finish before Caleb's early bedtime. We started at Granny's (my dad's mom) for Sunday dinner. Granny gave Caleb a Halloween themed bottle and decoration for his bedroom door.

My parents and sister were there along with my Aunt Debbie and her children (Stacey and Allison) and grandchildren. My cousin Allison has two boys, Ryan (7) and Hayden(4). Stacey also has two children - twins named Anabella and Daniel; her little ones are nine months old and great playmates for Caleb. All of them were so cute in their costumes that everyone's cameras were snapping like crazy.

Ryan was a football player. I told him to look tough for this picture and he gave me and interesting look.
Hayden, or should I say Batman, was ready to show off his costume too.

Anabella was a little ladybug. (Her expressions in the pictures were so cute I couldn't pick just one!)

Daniel wasn't super excited about dressing up in a hot costume, but he was adorable nonetheless.

Trying to get a group shot was quite a task. Crying and wiggly babies make good picture taking next to impossible. Add about five cameras to the mix and seven or so adults in the background calling the kids' name and the chances of a photo where everyone is looking the same direction is next to impossible.

Grandma Sharon gave Caleb this hat and bib along with Charlie Brown's pumpkin video and a pumpkin bag to carry his "treats."


After visiting some with Aunt Julie and our cousins Cindy, Bailey, and Tate, we headed to our next destination. Our second stop was to Grandma Nora Ann's and Granddaddy Eddie's (my maternal grandparents). Aunt Brenda and our cousins Cole and Haley were there too. Cole played the part of a ninja while Haley was gussied up as a Southern Belle. Caleb's treat at this stop was a little bear that said the "Now I lay me down to sleep..." prayer.


Our third and final stop was to Caleb's Great-Great Aunt Carolyn's (Grandma Nora Ann's sister) and Uncle Jim's. I have pictures from when I was little dressed up in a mom-made pumpkin suit posing with Aunt Carolyn on Halloween; I wanted a couple of these for Caleb's baby album as well.

One of my favorite things to do at my Great Aunt's house was to play with this cat and kittens. Caleb seemed to love them just as much as I did.

After collecting a baggie of candy that mommy and daddy would have to confiscate and eat later, Caleb's first year of trick-or-treating was over. He fell asleep almost as soon as we left their driveway.

1 comment:

  1. How precious that Baby Caleb got to wear his daddy's old sailor suit! Absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete