Today his little nose ran like a water spigot, but he was in good spirits most of time. He cuddled a lot with his daddy and played peek-a-boo with Mommy. Dave even gave him a special treat, letting him watch a Baby Genius nursery rhyme video:
He ate very little throughout the day but still seemed to have plenty of energy. Here is a cute video of Caleb playing on our bed. It is kind of long but I decided to share it anyway because this one shows a lot of what Caleb can do these days, such as sitting up well without support and playing with toys. The video also gives a glimpse of two funny habits he has: wiggling his toes and chomping his gums together. Most importantly, at the end of the video he says his first real word ever!
(Did you hear "Mama?" I can't believe I caught this on video! We heard him babble "hi" and "da" when he was two and three months old and I thought I had heard a random "ma" recently here and there, but today he actually seemed to be mimicking us. Despite Dave telling me Caleb didn't really know what he was saying, this mama is very proud and excited.)
A few hours later, Caleb went to sleep for the night at 4:00. Even though he maintained a happy demeanor throughout most of the day, I think we will keep him home from church in the morning. It will be the first Sunday he's ever missed.
Those pajamas are too precious for words! Having a sick little one is so hard but what a blessing to have you for a mom!
ReplyDelete