Monday, June 27, 2011

Reading to Mommy

Tonight when I was reading a story to Caleb after his bath, he surprised me. When I paused in the middle of one of the pages to look at something on the computer, he finished the sentence for me! It wasn't a lot of words, just a "pop, pop, pop," but it made my day.

I read a few other pages and paused to see if he would repeat the same line each time, but he would only say the phrase - "pop, pop, pop" - when I was turned to and paused on the correct page. After calling my mom and Granny so they could hear him "reading," I did what any proud Momma would do; I busted out the Flip to record it. Hope you enjoy!



He may not be reading Shakespeare, Steinbeck, Fitzgerald, Hurston, or even Dr. Suess, but for 14 months old, I was pretty excited for him. I'm glad he's paying attention during our reading time well enough to memorize and repeat what he's heard. Good job, Caleb!

2 comments: