



This little one is pretty active. Even as I type this post, she seems to be flip flopping around inside my belly. I actually began feeling her around nine to ten weeks which is amazingly early, especially since I didn't feel Caleb until the day I found out he was a boy which was twenty weeks into the pregnancy. At week ten this time, we even saw her make a sizeable lump near my hip bone, go away, and then come back again. We were so shocked we decided to take a picture of it, which I of course don't feel comfortable posting for obvious reasons but have as evidence nonetheless. I read online that you often feel your second child sooner because you know what it feels like already and that thinner women may feel their babies very early which seems to be true in our case. I was happy to see her personality come out during the ultrasound as she moved about doing her thing.She also seemed to be yawning which was a sweet thing to witness. Caleb was yawning during the appointment too at first. He was kind of interested in the TVs but was bored quickly when he couldn't figure out what was happening. After the announcement that the baby is a girl and a big shout of excitement from my mom, Caleb was much more interested. He smiled and pointed at the screen jabbering away like he had a lot to say about it.
So far, Caleb seems to understand there is a baby is Mommy's tummy. He points and says "baby." However, there is a slight confusion that Dada also has a baby in his tummy. He seems happy and interested when we have conversations about him getting a new sibling. I'm not sure how much he comprehends about the whole situation but we're talking about everything frequently anyway.
One of Baby Girl's favorite pastimes currently is kicking her brother when he's is sitting on my lap. Don't feel too sorry for Caleb though; he jumps on her a lot unintentionally. They are getting acquainted and the sibling rivalry seems to be starting early.
Of course we look forward to getting to know her more in the future.
ReplyDelete