This past Friday I was given another "surprise" shower at the Winchester Rehab Center where I swim to help with my lupus and fibromyalgia. While I had decided to take a break this month and under doctor's orders was supposed to be on bed rest all week to get rid of some of that fluid from the hospital visit, my mom knew about the shower and encouraged me to come visit the pool because the people wanted to do something special. After laying around our house or my mom's all week, I was definitely willingly and ready to get out and do something!
In the picture below are the two women responsible for the shower, Melissa and Nilda. Melissa is our aquatic instructor and Nilda is a woman who just recently began coming to the pool. I really didn't know Nilda at all, but surprisingly, she is the one who initiated this whole event and got the ball rolling. I am so amazed at her thoughtfulness and eagerness to do something so nice for me when I don't remember ever really officially meeting her.
In the picture below are the two women responsible for the shower, Melissa and Nilda. Melissa is our aquatic instructor and Nilda is a woman who just recently began coming to the pool. I really didn't know Nilda at all, but surprisingly, she is the one who initiated this whole event and got the ball rolling. I am so amazed at her thoughtfulness and eagerness to do something so nice for me when I don't remember ever really officially meeting her.
They had one of the most adorable cakes I've ever seen. One of Nilda's friends made a tiny baby under a blanket for the cake topper out of fondant. I love the little toes!
Even when he first started talking he would say "Bob Bob Bob"
whenever we saw Bob at the pool. Bob likes Caleb too and
always asks about him. He once gave Caleb a little wooden
duck and told me he also plans to give him a golf club with a
suction cup on the end to help pick up the golf balls out of the
hole. These two buddies had fun at the shower together.
big because Bob, who is also a Hokie fan, let him play with a
key chain that plays the Hokie fight song.
chicken salad sandwiches that he kept reaching for
throughout the shower.
Caleb didn't have all the fun though. We visited, played a game, and opened presents as the party progressed. A large number of pool participants also went together to give us a gift card and money towards other purchases we still need to make. Between the three showers I think we now have enough to cover a highchair, pack-n-play, and carseat - what a blessing! God has been so good to us. It is amazing how much you need to purchase for a new baby even if it is your second child, especially if your kids are different genders. I am so blown away and thankful for our friends' generosity!
Right" game using a bag of items purchased from my baby registry.
Even though I've been buying similar items for Caleb over the past
couple years and placed them on the registry myself,
I was terrible at guessing the prices.
Baby Girl. The gift that really stood out in my mind though
was this baby blanket made by the gentleman sitting beside
me in this picture - Mr. Don Fowler. (Also, notice Caleb in the
background with another chicken salad sandwich in hand!)
While we all were sweating like crazy in the 95 or so degree room, I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I guess it's not too often these senior citizens get to throw a baby shower! I was definitely impressed and glad I made the trip to Winchester for a visit. :)
Lindsay people think a lot of you. Everywhere you go people give you a baby shower.
ReplyDelete