Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring at the Farm

As the weather warms, I am trying to take my outdoor-lovin' boy out as much as possible. I'm also trying to savor the short amount of time I have to give him undivided quality time before there is an infant to care for and enjoy. Knowing he loves animals, I thought another trip to Meadowbrook farm similar to the one we took last year would be perfect.

I had been telling Dave and my parents for a week or two that I'd like to take him fishing and to check out the animals, but something always seemed to change my plans. Finally we made it for a visit about a week and half ago. My parents came with us and helped me keep up with the little booger. At first he seemed a bit nervous about the horses, even though you could tell he was excited to see them at the same time. Pop and NaNa tried to help him warm up to them and pet a few. He clung tightly but smiled anyway.


He wasn't quite as intimidated by the chickens!


He also found several cats to chase around the barn, including a few in a loft Pop Pop helped him check out. While he was up there, he also tossed a bit of hay out the window. The animals were great and all, but I think he had just as much fun checking out the barn.


We had beautiful weather and got to see some of the horses running in the fields enjoying the spring day as much as we were. Aside from the larger horses though, we also found a miniature pony. My dad climbed in the fence with it to give Caleb a closer look until the pony started nipping at his leg. Just because they are smaller doesn't mean they're more docile I guess.


Before we left, we also took a short ride to check out the cows. Caleb didn't seem timid around them like he did the horses - maybe because we didn't get quite as close. To my dismay, he even TRIED to step in a cow pie after being warned not to. You can see him eyeing this particular pile of poop in one of the pictures below - BOYS!


Ok, ok....I have to admit that there was an ulterior motive for this trip as well. When I was expecting Caleb, we made one of my first trips to Meadowbrook farm so my mom could take some maternity pics for us and to enjoy the day fishing. Two days later, Caleb arrived! I was hoping maybe this trip would produce the same result but she's on her own schedule....

And, since I didn't have a blog during my last pregnancy, here are some bonus flashback pics from Caleb's first day trip to Meadowbrook Farm two years ago in utero:

1 comment:

  1. I think it is great that Caleb gets to see a real farm.

    ReplyDelete