We rounded out the sixth month with a rounded out baby boy...
...and several weeks later, Reid is still just as chunky as ever.
I tried putting some of Caleb's old 6 month summer outfits on him, hoping that maybe they ran big and he could still wear a few of them....but, I was DREAMING since Reid is pretty solidly in 12 month stuff as this point. I couldn't even get the one in the picture below snapped at the bottom. We left it on long enough for a few pictures and then back to the storage tubs I went, looking for something bigger.
He's getting better at sitting up by himself too, even with out the Boppy. Though I usually keep some pillows nearby to prop him up when he's playing just in case he falls over, he can sit up pretty well now without their support.
With sitting up by himself comes some freedom for both him and Mommy. If I need to go fix some lunch, run to the bathroom, or tend one of the other kids, Reid is now at the point where he can self entertain for longer spans of time compared to last month.
As with most kids, he gets bored with his own toys after a bit though. Then, he's after one of his siblings' stuff or the cordless phone or anything he can find laying on the rug.
Hadley likes to help him find new toys sometimes. (Like giant dinosaurs....Roar!) And, he's grateful for her help.
Reid celebrated his first Easter this past month and loved playing with the eggs. He got good at grabbing and playing with toys just in time to take part in enjoying these colorful seasonal sensations.
We tried a few different foods this month too, but I haven't been as linear with introducing new foods to Reid as I was with the other two. Rather than going down the list of what Gerber mush he's supposed to have first, second, and third, I've been more relaxed and let him have some real people food like little pieces of bread, dumplings, or even a few baby puffs. To be honest, he seems to do better keeping it in his mouth I think than the pureed goop he's supposed to be eating.
I know Caleb and Hadley had both been given a lot more variety by the time they reached his age, but Reid seems so satisfied with breastmilk that that's still mostly what he's been eating with a little cereal here and there. Maybe we were just over zealous and rushed with the younger ones, but he doesn't seem super interested in our food when we're eating in front of him nor does he seem fuller and more content when we feed him baby food vs. milk. I'll tell you one thing though, just take one look at the kid and those chubby cheeks and you can tell he's not lacking nourishment.
| I love Caleb and Hadley in the background of this picture. Think they are interested in what's happening? |
| "Not sure how I feel about this..." |
| Serious |
| Mmm...his first veggie! Peas :) |
While I've been less rigid in my feeding strategies with my third child, no one can say that I've cut back on my picture taking with Reid compared to his siblings. They say there's always more pictures of the first, a little less of the second, and none of the third, but I think it's safe to say that this little man is definitely in his fair share of photos.
| I bet his cousin Dan would love this Spiderman shirt. |
More about Reid coming up soon....
He smiles a lot !!
ReplyDelete