Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Granny's birthday

Every year, I plan to do a post about Granny's birthday, but it always seems to slip through the cracks. My cousin Stacey and I think up some type of special activity to make the day fun, and I always take some pics to share but I just never quite get them on the blog. And, though June 26th came and went this year again and it's now a month past, I'm not going to skip blogging about it this time around. In fact, I'm even going to throw in a few throw back pics that I missed the past two years. Enjoy!

2012 - Just a few months after Hadley was born, we took Granny to Hartland Orchard for a morning of blueberry picking and then went back to my house for a picnic. Dan, Anabella, and Caleb were all two years old and were so cute as they tried to pick the berries. Caleb warned Granny not to pick the green berries since he'd already been picking with me before and knew better. Then he kept commenting "Granny picked the green berries" while she teased him back that he was the one picking the green berries, a saying that became an inside joke for months to come.

Hadley fell asleep cradled in the carrier as we picked.
Anabella was so crazy over Baby Hadley
Her grandbabies are her world, so I don't think she could have enjoyed her birthday any more than spending the day playing with them.

2013 - The following year, we headed to Stacey's for our "birthday party." Granny, Margaret (Granny's sister), the kids, and I headed to Gainesville for some lunch at Burger King where the little ones enjoyed the play place before heading back to the Credles' for some more fun in their newly finished basement.

I had to keep watching Hadley who loved that trampoline.

2014 - This year my cousin Allison and her boys got to be part of our birthday plans too. Actually, she hosted our gathering at her house in Edinburg. We all had lunch together and let the kids play, which made for a nice day filled with family. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pics, but Allison posted this one of all of us together huddled around the birthday girl.


Short and sweet but at least I finally posted them. Hope we'll have more to post for years to come. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we get to do this every year. You're right, there's no other way she'd prefer to spend her day.

    ReplyDelete