Caleb was sick the week before all the snow arrived, so he and I were stuck in the house a lot and were running out of entertainment possibilities. My mom brought over a few toys from her house so he'd have something different to play with which helped some. Thanks to a suggestion from Dawn, a friend from church who has four kids, I also remembered I had some bath crayons we had yet to open from Caleb's birthday. So, in the middle of the day our little boy got a little extra time to play in the tub and make masterpieces. Sunday, Dave decided to let Caleb help him make a cake (another idea tweaked from Dawn's suggestions). After pushing up those toddler sleeves, my husband patiently guided him to pour in the mix, oil, and eggs, and then monitored closely as Caleb stirred the mixture. For being only a 19 months, Caleb did a pretty good job but needed his Daddy to finish getting out the lumps. Afterwards, they poured their concoction into the baking dish together and Dave plopped it in the oven. It was delicious and far less mess than I expected! Here are my men in the kitchen:







What was I doing while the men were being so domestic (aside from snapping pictures)? Making a big pot of vegetable soup...

As long as we're home together and have all this good food, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Mmm, the soup looks good!
ReplyDelete