Saturday, March 10, 2012

Baby Shower #1

Two weeks ago my cousin Stacey threw me a very nice shower at her home. Here are a few pics of the beautiful set-up and delicious food she made for the party:


Her sister Allison also helped with the shower. Allison's forte was leading the games. We did the traditional word scramble and nursery rhyme handouts, but she had another very unique game as well. As each guest arrived, she placed the name of a celebrity mom on each person's back. You were not supposed to tell anyone who they were but could give them clues if they asked questions to help them figure it out as the shower progressed. We also did a baby food guessing challenge and found out who was brave and who was not!

Grandma Nora Ann was Hilary Clinton.

My mom embraced the baby food challenge. She didn't just
taste the baby food, she pretty much ate the whole
sample
each time a new one was served like it tasted good.
(There really was plenty of other good food!
) Of course
everyone laughed as Mom explained she was taught to clean
her plate. The lady sitting beside her named Freda laughed and
said her mother taught her to share, suggesting Mom
eat her portion too.


Appetizing? Well at least its colorful, right?

On the other hand, I was more hesitant to sample the fine cuisine
and tried to judge more with the sense of smell than taste.

Then, it was time to open the gifts:

Here is the sham from the owl crib bedding set we are using.

I am a pickle lover anyway, but what pregnant lady doesn't
appreciate a jar of pickles. My cousin Allison made these
last summer and knew they'd be the perfect gift. :)

An owl picture frame from Stacey to match the
theme in the baby's room

Enjoying cake and coffee!

My great aunt, Margaret, bought this giraffe dress for me when
I was a baby. Mom saved it and gave it to me at the shower.

I had a great time and got a lot of beautiful items for the baby that I can hardly wait to decorate with once Dave finishes painting the nursery! There were also several adorable outfits I've already washed up in anticipation of dressing her up when she arrives. Thank you so much, Stacey and Allison, the shower was wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome. I don't know what was funnier- your mom eating all that baby food or your Grandmom as Hilary Clinton! Can't wait to see Baby Girl in all those cute dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we are pretty entertaining!

    ReplyDelete