Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bubbling With Fun

Now that the weather is colder and we are stuck inside more, we have to come up with new ideas to keep everyone entertained and out of trouble. This post is about one of those spontaneous goings-on that sprung up recently.

I am not sure when it happened, but Caleb developed an interest in the dishwater bubbles lately. Dave let him stand on a step ladder one day and play his heart out for a bit. Another afternoon soon after, while Daddy was at work, Caleb saw a tub of bubbly water I had sitting in the sink and talked me in to letting him get his little boy hands down in the suds again.


We found out that baby girls like bubbles too! We put a dab on Hadley's hands so she could see what all the excitement was about. While she was pretty serious checking out this fluffy, hard-to-grasp stuff, she liked being included in the activity.


Sticking his hands in the bubbles was literally good clean fun, but the problem arose when he kept wanting to turn the water off and on to rinse the suds. It was hard to keep him from getting water all over the place while tending to an infant as well. I tried to explain that he could dip his hands back in the tub and couldn't keep running the water but my explanation fell on deaf ears. After warning him that we'd have to stop playing if he kept turning on the faucet, I finally had to made good on that threat. I think playing with bubbles is going to have to be an activity that we do when one parent can monitor the bubble boy and the other watch the sweetie pie. I expect there will be quite a few more sudsy days though, and I love his excitement over such simple fun.

I wonder what he would do if he saw a bubble bath? We might have to try that out soon!

1 comment: