Though I've
been blogging like crazy lately, I've neglected to
record a lot of the classic baby milestones Hadley's reached over the past several months. I keep
writing it on my "to do" list but never get it done. Today is the day!
Here you go! Hope you enjoy seeing Hadley grow; I know I sure do!
At
the end of August/beginning of Sept, Hadley started sitting up some on
her own. There were a few topples at first but the generic Boppy pillow
we have from when Caleb was small helped protect her noggin while she
was getting the hang of it. In no time she had the task mastered.
5 months - Mid-September
7 months - Mid-November
Around
the beginning of October she started moving her feet and taking a few
steps forward while someone held her arms. This video is the only footage I
have so far of her showing off that skill:
More
recently though, she's learned to do a lot more than sit up. Hadley is a
crawler! She doesn't get around in the traditional all fours position though.
Her technique is much more of an army crawl, but boy can she move!
About
a month ago, I let her to play with the toys on the floor in the middle
of the rug one day while I sat at the table nearby and watched her as I
ate my lunch.The next thing I knew, she'd made her way across the rug
and squeezed behind the couch.
The living room floor where she was suppose to be.
The couch on the left is the one she decided to lap around that day.
I see you, you little booger!
Hi, Hadley! Where do you think you're going sweet girl?
Here are a couple videos of her struggling attempts from mid-November when she was just getting started:
In November she was getting Dave to help her chase Caleb around the house like in this video:
But by early December, she was chasing him on her own: (This is a little long but is one of my all time favorite videos of the kids)
Now that there are presents under the tree to check out and ornaments dangling from the lower limbs, the motivation to get off the rug is even greater. No wonder the side of Aunt Amy's present was torn open and Na Na and Pop's gift had to be rewrapped! Thankfully, she has an older brother who is very good at making sure Hadley doesn't chew on or eat anything she is "too little" to have. He is a great help being a second set of eyes to help me make sure everything is picked up out of her reach.
Since Caleb didn't have much of a crawling stage, except maybe a week or so before he started walking, it has been especially exciting to watch her progress. Baby proofing this time around is a lot more difficult though now that our two and a half year old has toys with lots of small pieces to monitor. Our new game plan is to move all the toys that are not infant friendly to Caleb's bedroom. He can enjoy them in there since Hadley doesn't usually crawl around on his floor. Hopefully this will keep the common play areas safe and stress free for both a big brother who doesn't appreciate his toys being chewed on and a mommy who is trying to keep her cutie pie from swallowing anything. So proud of my busy girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment