Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fellowship/Card Shower

Who gets a shower for their third baby?!?! A blessed couple - who has an incredibly loving church family that wants to celebrate every new life added to our body! Just as our real family took time out to rejoice over this new little one, Grace Bible Fellowship made it a point to let us know how much they are anticipating Baby #3 as well. 

Every month, the church has a themed fellowship supper on the first Sunday. As I sat in church a few weeks ago listening to announcements, the deacon advertised that we'd be having a baby theme this go around - baby carrots, baby peas, and baby back ribs! While I originally didn't expect them to throw a shower, I was somewhat suspicious they might have a surprise in store since this "baby" dinner was supposed to happen in my eighth month of pregnancy.

The theme idea excited me for another reason though too. On Facebook a few months ago, I saw where someone made a baby cradle out of a watermelon with a cantaloupe infant inside. I thought it was such a cute project and had been looking for an opportunity to try it but none had popped up until now! Surprisingly, Dave was able to find a good looking watermelon even this time of year and a small cantaloupe to use as the baby's head. I had no idea what I was doing really, but once I started it wasn't too hard to figure out. A half hour or so later, voilà!


As excited as I was to take in my fruity baby creation, I was even happier to see what awaited us. Sure enough, when we arrived at the supper, they told us it was a card shower to celebrate our new little one. My friend Dawn did a great job organizing the whole event like she always does.

Our card tree and gifts

They had an adorable cake made with keepsake booties that have a place for us to write the baby's name, birth date, and birth stats on the bottom.


Hadley wasn't quite sure what was happening. When they announced the dinner was for us and everyone clapped, she got all bashful, not knowing how to respond. When it was time to eat though, she knew exactly what to do.

Yum! Yum!
"Let me down, Daddy so we can get this party started."

Caleb was thrilled that he got to eat some cake. At the "Sprinkle" my mom threw recently, Dave made him go home early for a nap before the dessert eating, so he had to wait a little longer to enjoy his treat.  At this shower, he was raring to go after it!

Sweet!
Hey, NaNa! Let me try yours!

After dessert, it was time to look at our cards and gifts. Usually, I am in the front with all eyes on me, but this time the attention was thankfully divided among the four of us as the gift opening became a family event. The kids loved helping dig into the bags to see what treasures people had purchased for their new baby brother and even made sure to try out some of the toys. While we had all the major items already left over from our other two kids, we got several unique gifts and now have a good size necessities fund to pull from for all those tiny diapers, wipes, etc.

We had good helpers!
The kids have already really enjoyed this teddy bear that makes "womb sounds" we received from our pastor and his wife.
We look REALLY happy about this diaper cream. :)
One of the ladies named Dana Shaffer knit us some special surprises. These are our first handmade items for this little boy. 
The tissue paper seems to be just as exciting as the gifts to a certain little person.
Gobble, Gobble! The Kennedy's stuffed turkey toy got Hadley's and Caleb's attention. Little Boy might have to fight them to play with that one! (They also bought him a Thanksgiving outfit that says "Gobble Till You Wobble." It was too cute!)
I'm glad the whole family got to be part of the gift opening fun.

Thanks to everyone who was a part of this special day. We are so grateful - not just for the gifts, but for your love and anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. You all look so happy! I love your haircut- very flattering!

    ReplyDelete