Friday, October 4, 2013

Hadley's Haircut

Hadley's hair has been a bit out of control for a while now. Rather than cutting bangs, I've been trying to let it grow out to one length, but often those sweet tresses turn into the unruly mop look since she is not happy about me putting hairbows in to hold them back out of her eyes. Even if I do manage to slip in a hairclip without her batting it out of my hand, it often slips from those fine baby strands pretty quickly once she begins running and bouncing about. Still, since she is a girl and didn't absolutely need a cut yet, I'd been putting it off, hoping it would thicken up or I would develop better skills for keeping it up and out of her face. My hair dresser convinced me though that if I went ahead and cut off the tips it would grow better, and once I started noticing how uneven it was getting, I made an appointment. I mean, she's too cute to go around looking like a mess.

My mom and Dave both wanted to be there for this special occasion, and after some doing, I finally found a time that worked for everyone and the salon. We arrived a bit early so the kids played while we waited for NaNa to arrive. This was more than fine for Caleb who loves to run up and down the ramps on their porch, and Hadley followed right along.

The smiley before photo
She picked out her own shoes for this escapade - what a fashionista.
Time for a trim I'd say
Next time we're looking for a fun outing maybe I'll just come back to the hair salon since they had so much fun running up and down the ramps. 

Then it was time! Hadley took in her surroundings cautiously and only began to show anxiety when NaNa tried to set her on the booster seat as the hair dresser (Cindy - my cousin's wife) suggested. At first I was going to try to hold her like I did Caleb for his first cut, but my lap has shrunk since then due to another little person living inside me for the time being. Instead, Daddy got the pleasure. Even on his lap though, she was not thrilled about this experience. For a little girl who doesn't even like her Momma putting in hairbows, you can imagine her reaction. Though she didn't throw a fit and was relatively still, she was quite disgruntled.

Not a fan!
Why are they doing this to me?
How do I get out of here!
Not my curls! Nooo!
I can't watch. Tell me when this is over.
Snip, snip, snip
Not smiling but at least the pout lip has disappeared...
We're done...finally...hurry up with the after photo, Mommy.

To make up for such a traumatizing event and get happy again, we took a few more laps around the back porch. This was also a reward to Caleb for being patient while we focused on Hadley's milestone event.

Back to the fun!
Run!
A bit more mellow and a little less hair in her eyes
There's a little smirky smile, finally!

While we mourned her curls at first (especially her Daddy), her hair looks much more even now and hopefully will be ready for ponytails, pigtails, and more bows soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment