The heat wave has begun. Spring slipped away from us last week and now those cool breezes have turned to humidity. I love summer and opportunities to bake in that hot sun as we play outside in the pool or sprinkler, but we'll also miss the more moderate spring weather that allowed us so much time throughout the day to enjoy a little fresh air without slathering sunscreen all over us or sweating as soon as we walked outside.
So, this post is to reminisce on those beautiful outdoor opportunities March, April, May, and the beginning of June allotted us.
Here is Hadley taking a little stroll in her floral shirt and with a spring purse Aunt Courtney gave her. We were supposed to be getting in the car to head to MOPS, but I wanted to get a few cute shots of my sweet girl before she covered herself in pizza sauce or PB&J at preschool.
 |
| Every lady needs a few rocks in her purse. |
We had a long winter, with big snows even in March, but when those warm days hit, everyone was ready for to put that swing set to good use.
 |
| What a handsome hubby I have! (And, the little guy he's holding is pretty cute too.) |
 |
| Reid can slide. |
 |
| She's getting so good at climbing. |
One day we even got the opportunity to get out with Natalia, Max, and Nick. Play dates have been few and far between since Hadley was born and almost none existent since Reid's arrival, so we were excited about this. The kids played great together and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect morning weather wise.
 |
| Hadley and Nick |
 |
| Nick - What a cutie pie! |
 |
| There she goes climbing again. |
 |
| Caleb, Nick, Hadley, and Max |
 |
| My kids may need a lesson on how to use the swing. |
 |
| Caleb was mesmerized by the sand. Though it makes me cringe, knowing how disgusting playground sand is, I let him enjoy it. |
 |
| We couldn't get all the sand off and I tried to strip him down before putting him in the car, but his carseat still ended up full of it. |
 |
| At least he had fun. |
 |
| Reid just cruised in the stroller. We were in such a hurry that morning that he ended up wearing his pjs to the park. |
 |
| Someone likes Max. |
We have lots of play dates with Granny and NaNa though. Thankfully, Granny has a great yard to play in and lots of outside toys to enjoy.
 |
| This little daredevil found a skateboard and took off on it down Granny's paved driveway. I saw him wipe out and scrape himself up, so in a panic I scolded him not to try that again. Rather than crying over the injuries, Caleb just laughed with delight and responded, "What's wrong, Mommy? That was awesome!" BOYS! |
 |
| Hadley took a topple too while just running. Battle wounds on both knees didn't upset her too much, but when I tried to put bandages on them, she had a fit and was disgruntled for probably an hour. Just leave well enough alone, Mommy! |
 |
| No bumps for Reid. |
 |
| It amazes me how good little ones can hold onto those swings. |
 |
| Granny was giving everyone a lesson on filling up the water gun. |
 |
| Oh look, NaNa is here! |
 |
| Time to swing, NaNa. |
 |
| Will you kiss my boo-boos? |
 |
| Uh-oh! Look at little mischief-maker climbing up there with his water gun. |
 |
| Go NaNa Go! |
 |
| Sometimes all that fun just wears you out. |
We didn't get to NaNa's much as we'd have liked to, but we still got some fun at her house this Spring. One of the highlights of these trips being that she had the water table out and ready for splashing again this year.
 |
| Aunt Brenda stopped by for a visit too. |
And then there's the playgrounds! The kids love to go to the park and Caleb's personal favorite is a wooden one built when I was in elementary school called Fantasyland.
 |
| One evening when Caleb had a special night with Daddy, they went to the park together and Caleb came up with a game where this wooden fellow would eat them and then spit them out. AHHH now everyone's getting munched! |
 |
| I am not sure how she is managing this in her oversized Crocs, but leave it to Hadley Jayne. |
 |
| The downside about spring were the ticks! I picked up another at the playground. I didn't know ticks could hurt, but when this thing latched on, I really felt it and thought I had a splinter. Upon closer inspection, I found this tiny terror. |
Goodbye spring but hello summer....Now let's hit the pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment